Is there any difference between a motor and an electric motor?
Issuing time:2023-03-28 09:00
What is a motor?
Motor refers to an electromagnetic device that realizes the transmission of electric energy conversion according to the law of electromagnetic induction.
The motor is represented by letter M in the circuit. Its main function is to generate driving torque and act as a power source for electrical appliances or various machines. The generator is represented by the letter G in the circuit. Its main function is to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy..
1. Motor division and calss ification
1) According to the type of working pwer supply: it can be divided into DC motor and AC motor.
2) It can be divided according to the structure and working principle: it can be divided into DC motor, asynchronous motor and synchronous motor.
3) According to the starting and running moed, it can be divided into: capactior starting single-phase asynchronous motor, capacitor running single-phase asynchronous motor, capactior starting running single-phase asynchronous motor.
4) According to the application, it can be divided into: driving motor and control motor.
5) According to the structure of the rotor, it can be divided into: cage induction motor and wound rotor induction motor.
6) According to the operating speed, it can be divided into high-speed motors, low-speed motors, constant-speed motors, and speed-regulating motors. Low-speed motors are further divided into geared motors, electromagnetic geared motors, electromagnetic geared motors, torque motors, and claw pole synchronous motors.
2. What is a motor
A motor is a device that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. It uses energized coils (that is , stator windings) to generate a rotating magnetic field and acts on the rotor (such as a squirrel-cage closed a aluminum frame) to form a magneto-electric power totation torque. Motors are divided into DC motors and AC motors according to the power used. Most of the motors in the power system are AC motors, which can be synchronous motors ot asynchronous motors (the motor stator magnetic fiedl speed and rotor rotation speed do not maintain synchrounous speed). The motor is mainly composed of a stator and a rotor. The direction of the current-carrying wire in the magnetic field is related to the direction of the current and the direction of the magnetic field line(magnetic field direction). The workig principle of the motor is that the magnetic field acts ont eh force of the current to make the motor rotate.
Is there any difference between motor and electric motor?
Electric machines include electric motors and generators. It is the general term for generators and motors, and they are conceptually different. The electric motor is only one of the operation modes of the motor, but the motor is running in the elecric mode, which is to convert the electric energy into other forms of energy; the other operation mode of the motor is the generator, which operates in the power generation mode at this time, and the futures form energy is converted into electrical energy. However, some motors such as synchronous motors are generallly used as generators, but they can also be used directly as motors. Acynchronous motors are more used for electric motors, but they can also be used as generators by adding simple peripheral components.
Shaded pole motors, oven motors, range hood motors, dryer motors, air fryer motors, disinfection cabinet motors, built-in oven motors